- Leading technology company Xiaomi inks distribution agreement with nation’s best established market expansion services provider Digiworld Corporation
- Mi MIX, Redmi 4A, Redmi Note 4 are set to shake up the local smartphone market with high quality performance at incredible prices
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam, 15 March 2017 — Xiaomi, one of the world’s leading technology companies, announced today that it has inked a strategic partnership with Digiworld Corporation (HOSE: DGW, “Digiworld”), a Market Expansion Service with a two-decade legacy of excellence particularly in the ICT industry, to officially launch its products for the first time in Vietnam.
The strategic partnership agreement was formalised at HCMC’s Park Hyatt where Mr. Wang Xiang, Senior Vice President, Xiaomi, introduced the company before a crowd of media and Mi Fans, all keen to see their favourite products officially distributed in Vietnam for the first time.
As long-term strategic partners, DGW will distribute, market and provide after-sales support for the highly innovative products from Xiaomi in Vietnam including smartphones and Mi Ecosystem products. Xiaomi’s range of products will be available both offline at leading retailers nationwide, as well as online through a store-within-store on online shopping giant Lazada.
Founded in 2010, Xiaomi’s CEO Lei Jun and other co-founders started the company based on the vision “innovation for everyone”. Xiaomi first launched its Android-based interface MIUI in 2010, and its very first smartphone the following year. The company now has a robust product range that includes Mi and Redmi smartphones, Mi TVs and set-top boxes, Mi routers, and Mi Ecosystem products including smart home products, wearables and other accessories. Renowned for its user-centric, innovation driven philosophy, Xiaomi is continuing its commitment to expand its outreach globally.
Mr. Wang said: “Xiaomi has spent the past few years developing products that combine cutting-edge technological innovations and great design while defying price expectations. We are really excited to be taking this first step in Vietnam with our partner DGW. We have seen unwavering support from Mi fans in this market, and we are delighted to officially launch Xiaomi’s top-quality products here, as we believe that they will be a very attractive option for consumers.”
DGW CEO Mr. Doan Hong Viet commended Xiaomi on its long track record of innovation, seeing synergies with DGW’s own journey since its 1997 inception: “We have two decades of history in bringing brands, products and devices to Vietnam with our unique Market Expansion Service and deep understanding of Vietnam’s technology market and local trends. Our partnership with Xiaomi is a logical meeting-of-the-minds between two companies that have been at the forefront of innovation in their approach to market. It is an honor to be here today announcing this partnership, and we look forward to a long, fruitful and prosperous relationship with Xiaomi in the years to come.”
At the event, Xiaomi announced that Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4A and Mi MIX will be coming to Vietnam, as well as a range of Mi Power Banks.
Mi MIX is a work of art that establishes a new bar for smartphone innovation, incorporating cutting-edge display technologies and new innovations that do away with the physical earpiece speaker and proximity sensor. Redmi Note 4 provides flagship-class performance, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 14nm FinFET technology, and equipped with a battery that lasts over an entire day. Redmi 4A is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor. Weighing just 131.5g, it comes with a large 3120mAh battery with 7-day standby time.
Redmi Note 4 will be available immediately at leading retailers nationwide and Lazada, while Lazada is the exclusive seller of Redmi 4A (2GB+ 16GB) starting 20 March. Mi Power Banks will be available at retail stores and online on Lazada. The highly sought-after limited edition Mi Mix will be available for pre-order from now till 22 March at retail stores across the country.
Key specifications of Redmi Note 4:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 with 14nm FinFET technology (Octa-core 2.0GHz)
- 4100mAh high-density battery
- 13MP CMOS camera with PDAF, 5MP front camera
- Premium metal body, Anodised high-gloss aluminium lines
- 5.5-inch Full HD display, dual SIM (Nano- and Micro-SIM)
- LTE and VoLTE support
- Up to 4GB RAM + 64GB Flash
- Up to 128GB microSD expandable storage
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- IR blaster
- RRP: 4,690,000đ
Key specifications of Redmi 4A:
- Slim and light at 8.45mm / 131.5g
- 3120mAh battery; Up to 7 days standby
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor
- 2GB RAM + 16GB Flash OR 2GB RAM + 32GB Flash
- Expandable storage supports up to 128GB
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720) display
- 13MP main camera; 5MP front-facing camera
- Supports dual-SIM, VoLTE 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi
- RRP: 2,690,000đ (16GB) / 2,990,000đ (32GB)
Key specifications of Mi MIX:
- 6.4” immersive full display design, ultra-high screen-to-body ratio
- Full ceramic body: Back, frame and buttons and 18-karat gold rims
- Philippe Starck design
- Piezoelectric ceramic earpiece speaker
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821, max 2.35GHz
- Up to 6GB RAM + 256GB UFS 2.0 ROM
- 4400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- 16MP PDAF camera + 5MP front camera
- Ships with MIUI 8
- RRP: 16,990,000đ